Re: [digest] ktexmaker2 hits the spot

gnome-list-request gnome org wrote:

I don't follow whether this is a "splash screen": a window that
shows up whilst the rest is loading and then vanishes (or, in this case, doesn't). Or whether it's a change on the background. I presume it's a window, if you're having to move things around it? Does it have no titlebar with "destroy window" buttons?

No, no. If you fire up ketexmaker2 then first the start up logo will appear on the screen (at the same time the editor itself is coming up in the background; this are 2 different processes though dependend of each other). When the ktexmaker2 editor is completely loaded the logo normally will disappear. The ketexmaker2 has a real window, but the logo only is a yellow rectangle (placed in the cente of my window; it has about the same area dimension as the toolbox panel).

You could try: control-centre (that's the toolbox on the panel, or
gnomecc from the command line) -> session properties and startup programs on the left
	-> startup programs tab on the right

ktexmaker2 might appear in the non-session-managed startup programs
(what a long title!) tab. I rarely see programs there, but I
presume you can stop it from appearing when you start gnome by
messing with the options there. If that gives you, no joy, then..

 	-> browse currently-running programs... button
	-> session properties window should open.

ktexmaker2 is not roaming there! And I have got no clue how a "logo-entry" is called.

Is it possible to attach a screen shot of my problem? I think an image will clarify better my problem.

How can I make a screen shot?

This is all just guesswork, btw. I haven't met this one before.

I think it has something to do with sawfish (I guess). As I wrote: the logo normally hides everthing else (I would say it hides 10% of my screen). But if I use a different window manager then the logo *remains"* but the new window manager now hides also the logo. But I could not found in the sawfish setting how I can set everything back.

I would like to send a screenshot (if it is allowed on the list).

Regards,
Siegfried Gonzi