gnome-terminal (apparently) ignores args?

(I've looked through the list archive and didn't see anything on this)

Just recently, it appears as if gnome-terminal (1.4.0.4) is ignoring any
arguments I pass to it. For example, I have a number of small scripts
wrapped around it, like this :

	gnome-terminal --title "mutt" --foreground "#bbbbbb" --background "#0000aa" --geometry=110x40+256+10 -x mutt &

This usually opens a blue-bg terminal containing mutt. All it (and every
other script I have like it) does now is just fires up gnome-terminal.
The title, colors and command line are ignored.

However, it's only broken for my account; it still works fine for root,
for example. I've compared ~/.gnome/Terminal's and such, but really don't
know what to look for. I've noticed a few files like
"gnome-terminal-2B77PM" and such in ~/.gnome, and even in my home
directory. There are usually a handful of them, and they're there in
root's ~/.gnome as well.

Any ideas what to look for? Obviously gnome-terminal is working OK and
it's just something in my profile, but I'm at a loss to understand what.

Other than a hesitancy to save (all of) my preferences lately,
gnome-terminal has been working OK up to now.

Thanks for any help.

|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  len philpot org     len_philpot hotmail com (alt)  |