Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:06:08PM -0500, stan wrote:

> I've seen this failure in various flavors of Gnome for longer that I care
> to remember.

You've seen this before? So I'll assume that you've filed bug reports,
and followed up with the hackers to help diagnose the problem. That's
certainly a key part of the way free software works, with users
serving as a necessary part of the team by carefully reporting their
problems so the hackers can help diagnose and fix them. My experience
in reporting bugs has been phenomenal - these people like to fix 'em
if they know about 'em.

On the other hand, users who see the same problems coming up over and
over again but can't be bothered to expend the minimal time it takes
to file bug reports should not be surprised if the bugs are still
there.

Cheers,

John