GNOME Menu Editor

Sir,
I recently purchased Suse 8.1, which installs Gnome 2.0.  The gnome menus were
severely limited (couldn't even find the Gimp), and when I tried to add my own
menu items, I could not find the Gnome menu editor to do so.

I called SuSE support, and was told the menu editor was not included in the 2.0
release of Gnome.  Oddly, however, they were able to add the 'SUSE Menu'
and 'KDE Menu' items to the main Gnome menu.

I've heard of the recent childishness coming out of the KDE camp.  So I wanted
to know if SuSEs explanation was true, or if this is partisanship on the part
of SuSE.

Thanks
harry