Re: gnome / enlightenment

s/sawfish/metacity/ is not recognized, but killall metacity && enlightenment & works.

Sorry - I was being goofy. I'd have been really surprised if you'd said it worked!

Note that E isn't compliant with Gnome2,

will it be compliant ? I am quite deceived, I liked very much gnome under enlightenment !

I doubt it, since the Enlightenment project is going its own direction completely for the future. But I haven't run into any problems with actual Gnome2 applications (no reason to expect any I'd guess), and since E already is able to use AA fonts things look good visually overall. Really the "window list problem" is the only issue I know of.

to rebuild E from the source RPM to get it to work correctly because of
(what I think was) some sort of imlib issue.

does "window list" applet work then ?

No. It was strictly an issue with colors in certain circumstances (which I didn't document, so I can't tell you offhand what they were unfortunately).

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering