Re: Gnome2.1 unstable now?

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:31:48AM +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Is gnome2.1 a stable release? I ask this since it includes
> gtk2.1.0 and in the gtk ftp mentions gtk2.1.0 as an unstable
> release.

GNOME 2.1 is indeed an unstable release. In general, GNOME x.y is stable
when y is even and unstable when y is odd. If y is neither even nor odd,
you have wandered into an alternate number system and we have no
responsibility there.

The next stable release will be GNOME 2.2, early next year.

Cheers,
Malcolm