Q: using gdm with dyanamic IP addresses

Hi all

I've just switched from getting on the the net with a modem to operating from a small business hub which provides ethernet access. The access is like a dial-up connection in that it uses dhcp to assign temporary IP numbers. I set my box up to call dhclient as it boots up, and then hit a problem: gnome hangs when I log in using gdm. My /etc/hosts file just has

127.0.0.1 localhost Wildebeest

in it which gdm was happy with before I got a randomly assigned IP numbers before logging in. Since I don't know what the IP number will be until I run dhclient, I don't know what to put in /etc/hosts to satisfy gdm.

What I'm doing at the moment to work around this problem is entering dhclient after I've logged into gdm. But I'm sure there must be some way of getting the bootscripts to set the IP address and make gdm work

advTHANKSance

Robert