Gnome 2 - general questions

I successfully installed Gnome 2 today on my RH 7.3 machine using the
Ximian snapshots.  All seems to have gone well but I have a few nits to
resolve.  If this isn't the appropriate place to ask, please advise.

1) How do I make my application window positions and size stick?  Using
the Sawfish Window Placement tool, my only options seem to be
"randomly", "interactively", "centered", "none", "top left", and
"first-fit".  I don't like any of those.  I want it to remember its last
position and size.

2) How do I get rid of Nautilus and/or keep it from starting?

3) I don't seem to have a Control Center.  Is this normal?

4) The Help says that the screen saver is supposed to be a capplet
choice but it's not.  I have to run xscreensaver-demo in order to start
it up.  Is this normal?

Thanks for any help!