Re: GNOME 2 Application under toolbar/panel

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:00:05 -0700
Jim Bowering <iamb otvcablelan net> wrote:

> On 2002.10.19 09:51 Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> >
> > I started an application and it is under the default
> > panel/toolbar at the top.  I can't get at the window
> > menubar so I can't drag the application down.
>
> I'm still using 1.4, but . . .
>
> Hold Alt while you click anywhere in the app's window and drag it down.
>
> > I also can't get rid of or move the toolbar/panel.
>
> If you right-click the panel there's a menu item Panel/Remove this
> panel...  I don't want to try it because I like my panel the way it is.-)
>
> jim

This was the thing that I *really* didn't like about gnome2.  I eventually created a panel at the bottom of the screen, added my menus to it, and deleted the default panel.  Supposedly it's a bug in the application and not the fault of gnome, but it was almost enough to send me back to 1.4.

Erin