Re: gonme and the internet.

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 03:01, Michael Thomas Vanderford wrote:
> First i turn the network service off.
> Then i log into Gnome
> >From there i start a teminal and start the network service.

By turning the network service off I think you are closing too much
(linux/gnome needs networking)

boot up normally (with networking turned on) then do

ps -aux|grep eth0
ps -aux|grep pppoe

lookk for any entries and kill them

problem is that when you kill networking you are also killing network
capability - you need to finesse a bit