Re: Menus

I actually subscribed to this list because of this very problem and just
haven't had time to post about it yet!

I have read all kinds of documentation that say to right-click on the
place you want to add it, and then from the "entire menu" option choose
something like "add app to menu" or some such. I can't remember exactly
because that option is not in my menu! The only things I have under
"entire menu" are "add this as drawer to panel" and "add this as menu to
panel". So I can't figure out how everyone else is getting this
non-existent menu item to come up!

Then I found another piece (can't remember if it was a mailing list
archive, a forum article, web page or what) that said to open
applications:/// in nautilus and put it there. So I opened
applications:/// and viola! There it was. I opened the folder where I
wanted it, right-clicked, got the option "New Launcher". Great! So I
filled in the dialog box, put the path to the binary, selected an icon,
and hit OK. And then...nothing. Yes, I tried this both running nautilus
as root and as a user. In fact I even tried logging out of X and logging
is as root and doing it that way. No matter how many times I try it, I
hit OK, the dialog box closes, and simply does nothing.

So here you say use 'start-here:///'. But that is just one level up- as
soon as I open the applications folder, of course, I'm right back to
applications:///. So I'm still in the same place. I can open it, but it
won't let me actually add anything in there.

What the heck?