search file application

Hi

I'd like to make some comments about the way the "search file"
application works in GNOME2.

When you look for "valentine" for example, it looks for files named
"valentine" in ~/. The problem is that it ignores files name
"ValEnTine", files named "My Valentine" or files named
"my_sweet_valentine.ogg". I think it would be much useful if the search
was case-insensitive by default and if it searched "*YOURTERMS*"
automatically instead of "YOURTERMS".

I also think it could revert to the current way when you're looking for
files in / instead of ~/ in order not to slow searches too much.

What do you think of that ?