saving/exporting GNOME Panel 2.2.0.1

Hi there

I'm running GNOME 2.2.0 on RH9. My question concerns the GNOME Panel
2.2.0.1.

I would like to know whether it is possible to save and export panels to
another computer. If this is possible, how do I do it?

On my laptop I'm running two panels (one edge, one corner) with many
buttons, drawers, and launchers on them. Now I would like to have the
identical setup on my desktop. Will tar'ing up the .gnome2 directory on my
laptop and untar'ing it on my desktop have the desired effect? (Both
computers are running RH9 and GNOME 2.2.0). Would copying the
.gnome2/panel2.d directory be enough? What if some of the applications
launched from the panel on my laptop don't exist on my desktop?

Thanks for your help,

mike

*  Michael Kuhlen                  Astronomy Department UCSC        *
*  email: mqk ucolick org          Interdisciplinary Science Bldg.  *
*  home phone: (831) 469-3890      1156 High Street                 *
*  work phone: (831) 459-2774      Santa Cruz, CA 95060             *