Re: Problem editing menus

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 03:44:52PM -0500, Geoffrey Mitchell wrote:
> I am using Gnome 2.2.0 with RedHat 9.  When I try to copy a launcher
> into a menu, I get 'Error "Unsupported operation" while copying file.'
> I get a similar message if I try to create a launcher ina menu, delete a
> launcher from a menu, etc.  Any ideas what the problem is?

Editing menus is disabled in RHL 9 because it's insanely buggy.
You can move the file
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing
over default-modules.conf if you want to enable menu editing
as in GNOME upstream, but don't complain when your nautilus crashes,
the menus don't update without restarting the panel, you lose
your menus, etc.

In short, it's disabled for a reason but feel free to enable it if
it works for you. ;-) Just don't report bugs to me.

Havoc