Re: My briefcase equivalent [OT]

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 19:11, dsr tao merseine nu wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 03:23:14PM -0400, Agrawal, Manish wrote:
> > I am new to the Linux world, is there an application similar to the "My
> > Briefcase" function in Windows to synchronize files between 2 machines? If
> > not, is it likely to be available soon?
>
> rsync should meet your needs.
>
> http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/
> http://rsync.samba.org/fom-serve/cache/1.html

You have to love how, when a self-labelled Linux newbie asks, on a
Desktop Interface mailing list, how to perform a task, he gets an answer
regarding command-line deep UNIX-foo tools.

Perhaps a more GUI oriented application would be in order.. (is there
something for automatic rsync'ing in GTK/GNOME?)

> -dsr-
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.