Re: Building Monkey Media

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 07:39:10AM +0700, zeus;] wrote:
> Iam sorry for (not so) unrelated posting.
> Since i am tryng to build GNOME applications, i guest it's OK to post it.
> I am to lazy to subscribe to the related application.
>
> I am tryng to build Rhytmbox, i haven't build Rhytmbox yet.
> Right now i try to build Monkey media.
> Monkey media always looking for gstreamer 0.4.2
> I have gstreamer 0.6. I dont know how to make Monkey Media use gstreamer 0.6
>
> "configure: error: Library requirements
> (gnome-vfs-2.0
> gconf-2.0 			       libgnome-2.0
> libxml-2.0 gtk+-2.0 			       gstreamer >= 0.4.2) not
> met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
> your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
> them.

Somewhere in the 0.5 set of release, gstreamer changed the format of its
pkg-config file so that the file is now called gstreamer-0.X.pc (where
'X' is the version number). This permits them to do parallel installs of
their developer platform (an application can query for gstreamer-0.6 or
gstream-0.7 or whatever).

I do not know what the story is with API compatibility between the 0.4
and 0.6 releases, but you _may_ be able to get around this by changing the
PKG_CHECK macro in configure.in (of monkey-media) to look at
gstreamer-0.6, rather than just gstreamer. However, this may just open
up a whole new roadway of potholes if the API has changed. You really
will save a lot of time if you find the monkey-media development list
and find out the story from there.

Maybe this helps.

Cheers,
Malcolm