gnome_module_register_widgets

I have a few applications based on GTK+ v2 that crash with the following
message whenever I try to enter preferences:

(gnotime:18086): libglade-WARNING **: could not find `gnome' init
function:`glade_module_register_widgets':
/opt/glib2/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
glade_module_register_widgets

The affected applications are Galeon, Epiphany and GnoTime.

I compile most of my packages by hand. libgmodule-2.0.so.0 does not have
glade_module_register_widgets in it and I don't know what to do to
either make it appear or make the other crashing apps not request it
anymore.

All the hints I found so far are some notes in the glib2 changelog
stating that glade_module_register_widgets is deprecated and has been
replaced by glade_register_widgets (IIRC).

Any idea? Recompiling any of the Gnome/GTK packages is not an issue, but
I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

--
Ciprian Popovici