Gnome 2.4 video thumbnail

I read reviews and saw that Gnome 2.4 is capable of video thumbnailing.  I
used garnome to upgrade my Gnome 2.2 to 2.4.  I installed Totem, installed
gstreamer, nautilus-media and all.  But when I get to nautilus views, only
choices are list and icons.  Nothing that says anything about video
thumbnails.  Any suggestions?  This is one of the reasons that I upgraded my
gnome in the first place.

I also noticed that after the upgrade, seems to me that my fonts in the
desktop looked better, even the ones used by the appications.  Is this
observation correct?

Jason