Re: Problems with 2.4 and hiding panels

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:22:42 +0200, Axel Siebenwirth wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> after upgrade to Gnome 2.4 on my Debian box, the panel that were set to
>> auto-hide don't appear any more; even if you hide a panel manually with
>> the buttons, then it doesn't appear anymore (but in this case loggin out
>> and in again does the job).
>> >From .xsession-errors I get this message:
>>
>> ** (gnome-panel:15373): CRITICAL **: file panel-toplevel.c: line 4212
>> (panel_toplevel_set_auto_hide_size): assertion `auto_hide_size > 0'
>> failed

> If this error message is the reason for your problem, it seems that the
> auto_hide_size setting of your panel seems to be equal to
> or less then 0. The auto_hide_size determines the size of your panel
> when it is hidden.
> You can edit this value in the System Configuration editor.

I'm experiencing the same trouble, same errors, also Debian. There's no
gconf-key named auto_hide_size in ~/.gconf. I've found the key in a gconf
schema in file /etc/gconf/schemas/panel-toplevel.schemas (default is 6px),
and it shows up in gconf-editor under schemas.

But it's apparently not applied to the panel prefs. It might be intended
to go into /apps/panel/profiles/default/toplevels, maybe there is an error
in the panel migration?

Gabriel Wicke