Setting enviroment variables

Hi,

Where is the place to set the PATH, so if I would like to run a program in
my $HOME/bin from the run dialog (Alt+F2) I do not have to give the
whole path.

(The true reason for this question is: I do not want gnome-terminal be a
login shell. Thus it reads not every time .bash_profile where normally
the PATH and other global varialbes for a login session are set. So
everytime I have to type: ~/bin/foo to run a program because it is not
in the PATH).

Kai
--
* mail kai weber glorybox de