Re: Imlib and GnomeCanvas

>On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 15:27 -0600, Eckhoff, Michael A wrote:
>> Regarding gdk_imlib_get_colormap, I get a compilation error (for
>> canvas1.c) with CFLAGS = `pkg-config --cflags libgnomeui-2.0`
>>
>>    undefined reference to `gdk_imlib_get_colormap'
>>
>> This function is not in the GDK 2.5.4 Reference Manual, even under
>> the Index of deprecated symbols. In fact, I see no references to
>> any gdk_imlib_ functions. Is Imlib gone from Gtk/Gnome?

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:07:36 +1000 Daniel James replied
>I have no idea about gnome-canvas or imlib, but I just did a quick look
>through the strings and dependencies of the gnomecanvas and gdk-pixbuf
>and it looks like gtk no longer needs imlib. I'd just try it without
>pushing the visual and colormap as I assume gtk should know what to do
>if it's using gdk-pixbuf. But I'm probably wrong :)
>
>Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my question. You are
probably correct, because the program ran fine when I commented out
the ImLib stuff. Things seemed to have changed quite a bit since GTK+
moved from 1.x to 2.x; unfortunately, the books that are available are
out of date or simply don't cover these issues. And the API reference
manuals are of little help for those learning to program in Gnome/Gtk+.

Why haven't the developers put together user's manuals as well?

Michael