Are there any GNOME specific performance tools?

I am wondering whether there are any tools specifically designed to
assist in investigating performance problems related to parts of GNOME?

We're attempting to move users from an OpenWindows olvwm environment to
a Sun GNOME metacity environment.  One of the consistent complaints is
how slow the desktop is.

Even after setting the them down to something like Esco, the time
it takes to move from one workspace to another for instance is a constant
source of complaint.

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>