2 questions of a keyboard shortcut-eth nature

Hi ho,

New to Gnome.  Old to IceWM.

1. How can I assign '<ctrl><alt>delete' to bring up
the log-off dialog?  I don't see that dialog anywhere
in the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' listing.  I noticed this
works on a friend's RedHat's install.  Maybe hidden
somewhere in 'gconf-editor'?

2. I've assigned '<ctrl>esc' to bring up the apps
menu.  However, the menu will display wherever the
mouse happens to be.  Anyway to get it to display from
the panel?

Thanks for any tips.
Eric Pierce