Re: Fail to start Gnome desktop

På Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:13:01AM +0800, Stephen Liu skrev:
> Kindly advise how to check the corrupted settings database.  Which config
> file/files I have to check?
> > Rename your ~./gnome and your ~/.gnome2 directories and try again.
> locate .gnome
> [snip]

> Shall I rename all above "/.gnome" and /.gnome2" directories?

That's what I'd suggest :-)

  $ cd
  $ mv .gnome gnome-backupdir
  $ mv .gnome2 gnome2-backupdir

That's all. Make sure you do this in a console (no X session!)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl

ever felt away without me :: ever dream of me                   -- nightwish