Re: Legal Stock Icons

Nobody has yet responded (you're the first (: ). I wish I could find the link again to where I found the icons. I'm using the book icon (blue book, white pages - example: gaim->accounts), the save icon (the disk) the info (magnifying glass over the paper), the delete (trashcan), the edit (pencil on paper) and some of the big green arrows. I'd really like to resolve this issue as this project is nearing the end in the coming weeks. Thanks again for responding :)

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 12:10:41PM -0500 or thereabouts, b p wrote:
> First off, sorry if this is the wrong list. I couldn't seem to find one
> that matched exactly the question.

It's not a bad list to pick. I'm not sure where else would be better.

> I'm not sure exactly where it was I found it, but I got hold of the gnome > "stock" icons in a tar/gzip|bz2. Anyways, I'm developing a Java application
> for a client of mine and used the icons in the program to make it pretty
> (and usable). This software is not yet finished or released, especailly
> because I do not know where this stands from a legal standpoint. I did not > recieve a copy of the GPL with the icons, but I think it's safe to assume
> they are under the GPL? If so, what do I need to do to comply with the

Did anyone answer this question? I didn't see anything on the list.

If not, can you tell us which icons they are? There's a bunch of
icons, contributed by a few different people. If no-one has an
answer, we can find the person and ask.

Telsa