Re: Handling of removeable drives

On Thu, 2004-29-07 at 22:47 +0200, Kai Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe more a Nautilus question but affects the whole desktop as well:
> Why and when did Nautilus stopped displaying the volume name of
> CD-ROMs/DVDs and ejecting the drive on unmount?

My nautilus (2.6) appears to be able to do what you describe, but maybe
I don't understand your question. It may comfort you to know that gnome-
volume-manger will probably be in 2.8, and it comes with some very nice
volume handling that uses HAL, D-Bus, and features of 2.6 kernel to make
things like DVDs, Memory cards, etc, all work like magic.

Cheers,
Ryan