Re: Gnome 2.4 hangs on esounds WAS Re: gnome always hungs

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Simon Michael wrote:

> > When it hangs, switch to your terminal and "kill" the esound daemon.
>
> Thank you! Very helpful. Should be a large visible FAQ.

This has been a problem with gnome since 1.4.  I should also point out
that in my experience, esound works correctly as long as no one runs
gnome on the console.  As long as all users are on X-terminals, everything
just works.  This is the case at my office.  At home, however, we can't
afford the luxury of leaving the console unused.  So my wife and daughters
are constantly IMing me to "please kill the sound daemon".

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
      "Very few of our customers are going to have a pure Unix