Multihead different on Gnome 2.6?

Hello,

I've been using Gnome with multihead for quite a while and been very happy about the way it works.

On Gnome 2.4 when maximizing a window it only fills one of the monitors instead of spreading over both of them and that is exactly it way I like it.

But yesterday I upgraded to Gnome 2.6 (I'm running Gentoo Linux so it updated a lot of dependencies too) and now when maximizing a window it spreads over both monitors. This also means that popup-windows or login-prompts will be centered between the two monitors making them almost unreadable.

Is there a way to fix this or has the multihead support changed since 2.4?

Regards,
Frank Nørvig