Re: how to modify right-click desktop menu

Fabien LIOU fr thalesgroup com wrote:

Hello,

Because gnome-terminal in RedHat 8.0 does not really support ksh and emacs
editing, i would like to change or point "New Terminal" in the right-click
desktop menu, from gnome-terminal to xterm (or an other terminal).

How can i do that ?
Is there an configuration file to do this ?
Can i add more items in this menu ?

Hello Fabien,

you can use Gnome menu - Applications - Desktop Preferences - Advanced - Preferred Application - Terminal to change your terminal. It works in my Gnome 2.6 and I recall it worked in 2.4 too.

You can also use gconf - the respective key is /desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec.

HTH,
Andrei

--
andrei badea movzx net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547