Re: Centralized desktop/screen preference

Age Bosma wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing with GNOME for a while and it struck me that there's no central place to handle desktop/screen perferences to change e.g. the background, screen saver, screen resolution, etc. Is there a specific reason for this? Unlike Windows, GNOME provides only an option to change the background when you right-click the desktop. Why not create a Windows style properties dialog to allow users to change all the desktop/screen perferences in a centralized location? This would also clean up the "System - Preferences" menu a bit since all the desktop/screen perferences are listed separately now.

Age

Hi,

I can access all preferences through the menu entries Desktop --> Preferences. I can change my desktop background there, as well as my screen resolution. Isn't that pretty much in one place? ;)

Putting it in the same dialog doesn't even make sense to me because the desktop background doesn't really have to do anything with the screen resolution except for that you can choose it.

Don't you have the "Desktop Background" entry in your Preferences?

Cheers,
Dave