Re: Installing GTK+??

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Eduard Polyakov wrote:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.7.1' but version of GLib is 2.6.4
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.7.1 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.9.0 cairo >= 0.9.2) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
[root localhost gtk+-2.8.0]#

I've installed glib-2.8.0, so could you explain me this line: "Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.7.1' but version of GLib is 2.6.4"

Where did you install glib? I am guessing you have glib installed twice.

As suggested above, set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to where your pkgconfig file is for your new installed glib.

Or set the set the BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS and
BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS as suggested above to see the glib (and other libraries). Setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH sems better though.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/