Re: empty Applications menu in 2.10

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 19:54 -0700, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I compiled Gnome 2.10 and my application menu is now empty, except for
> Run Application.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> ___________

You probably just need to export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS

( in you ~/.xinitrc file )

add the following above the point where you call gnome-session:

export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/usr/etc/xdg

This example assumes that your gnome install is in /usr

you just have to adapt the above line to suit your config

eg.  if you installed gnome in '/opt/gnome-2.10' you would export
something like 'XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/gnome-2.10/etc/xdg'

you can probably find out where you installed it with a 'locate xdg'
command.

Good Luck!

Duncan.