Not able to choose icons from KDE?

I have a fresh install of Gnome 2.10 and I can choose icons from /usr/share/pixmax but if I try to choose someone from another directory, like /usr/kde/3.4/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/apps, I can't because all of the icons there are disabled... I.e I can't choose anyone..

And I have checked the permission and I should have access to read those icons, so why can't I choose from those?

But what I can do, is to copy one icon I need from KDE to /usr/share/pixmax; then I can choose it in Gnome but it won't work until I restart Gnome...

Any idea why this is happening?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj havleik no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: