Internationalization problem

Hi all.

I wrote a Smith charting program and was testing a translation to
Swedish, sent to me by one of the users. I installed the .po and most
texts appear correctly. Only the standard items such as the menubar
'File', 'Edit', 'View' etc are not translated.

I suspect this to be caused by not having the correct _gnome_ files
installed. I wonder if those have to be installed separately? I compiled
and installed the gnome libraries myself, I suspect Swedish should have
been present.

John