Re: Window properties - roles?

On 11/30/06, Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar> wrote:

Metacity certainly does not allow you do do that kind of things.
The good news is, you can replace metacity with pretty much any other
window manager which complies with the Window Manager Specification
<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fwm_2dspec> (there is a list
of window managers in that page)

Ok, I installed openbox just for kicks.  Never tried it.  However I
can't seem to figure out how to change the default window manager in
Gnome.  I tried searching for "window_manager" in gconf-editor, and
setting the current and default key values to a different window
manager and it doesn't work and shows that it is a deprecated option
anyway.  I can't seem to find information on it in the documentation
on the gnome website either.

FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10, xorg-6.9.0, gnome2-2.16.2.

--
Andy Harrison