Re: Can't Move to Trash

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 16:14 -0400, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On 1/24/06, Donald D Henson <wepin wepin com> wrote:
>
>         If my question is not a stupid one, can you offer any insight
>         into what
>         is going on?
>
> If you could answer some of the questions Guenther asked, it might
> help.

Guenther asked only two questions.

1. Which files are affected? As far as I can tell, it is random. At
first, I thought it only affected older files but it turns out that new
files are affected also (and some times).  Also, occasionally, I can't
move a file into the trash nor can I delete the file unless I go to the
CLI. (I don't think I mentioned that I am using reiserfs, in case that's
important.)

2. Can the problem reliably be reproduced? See above.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules