Re: String input behaviour

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:54:58 +0100, David Leangen <gnome leangen net> wrote:

processing, my GUI goes berserk. For instance, pressing a key once will
cause it to be input several dozens of times, the mouse click events
occur randomly even if I don't click the mouse, and so on.
Is this a known problem? Did I happen to install a bad version or
something?
As far as I know this it not a known issue. It rather sounds like something
else but Gnome is causing this. Does it also happen for other desktop
environments or on your system console?
For instance, when I use my scanner which is conected to a crappy ISA
SCSI adapter my desktop becomes extremely unresponsive. But this is
not Gnome's fault.

gnome: 2.8.0 R3
You may want to upgrade to Gnome 2.12 :)