Re: setting name for screenshots

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 01:03:25PM +0200, Christian Kirbach wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:31:56 +0200, John Sturdy <john sturdy ul ie> wrote:
>
> > Is there some way to get gnome-panel-screenshot to
> > accept the name on the command line (or via an environment variable,
> > or whatever), and not ask the user about it?
> It seems that gnome-screenshot does not offer such an option, not even
> an option to save automatically without showing a window.
> You may want to file a report about this issue on bugzilla.gnome.org
> with severity "enhancement".
>
> > Or is there some way to do this with some other (command-line)
> > utility?
> Use your favourite search engine and I am sure you'll find a
> command-line tool (I remember 'import', but I am currently
> offline).
>

> --

Until this enhancment is built in (if ever), you should try to look for
another program which can do the trick you need. If you find one, and
you use metacity, here is the next step. It is a bit "hard", but I have
not found other ways yet. In gconf-editor, you can find the key

apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_screenshot

and

apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_window_screenshot

these define the command which run when you press print or meta-print
keys.

I hope you can use it.

Rgds,
--