Re: Copy And Paste with Mouse in gnome terminal

Hi John,

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 12:22 +0200, John Que wrote:
> Hello ,
> I have gnome-terminal-2.14.0-1 on FC5.
> I had tried to configure it so coloring a text in command line and
> than right clcking + selecting
> paste will do the Copy and Paste job but I could not find a way.
> The only way is first copy (Ctrl/C) a text area and then paste it.
>
> Is there a way to do this ? I mean , perform the copy not by
> right clicking and selecting copy (or pressing ctrl-c) but  by
> coloring with the mouse.

Selecting text then middle-clicking will paste the "primary
selection" (i.e. the current text highlighted in the current
application) [1].  I don't think there's a way to set up copying content
to the clipboard without explicitly selecting "Copy" [2]

A little more information about this and copy-pasting can be found at
http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

Hope this helps
Don

[1] If the application supports this.  Most GNOME apps do.
gnome-terminal does.
[2] Or at least not without some serious hacking of gtk+ and all
applications.