Porting from GTK 1.2 to 2.0 and GnomeLess

Gnome knowers:

I'm trying to port a GUI application from old libraries
(GTK and Gnome) and an older version of glade to
new libraries and glade 2. A former colleague wrote
the original code and made use of GnomeLess to
display the contents of periodically updated text
files to a couple windows in the GUI.

I see that GnomeLess was cut out of the modern libraries.
Does anybody have a quick way to implement the functionality
of GnomeLess with the new gtk and gnome libraries?

I've tried searching the web and usenet and haven't found
any hints. I'm asking for help prior to trying to implement
the GnomeLess functionality using GtkTextView and the like.

Thanks,

Chad

--
Chad M. Spooner, Ph.D.