Re: keyboard shortcuts with mod4 no longer settable in 2.16

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 14:13 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> I use mod4 (and shift-mod4) for my keyboard shortcuts
> (for example <Mod4>F1 shows the panel menu).
>
> This continues to work.
>
> But I cannot add new ones using gnome-keyboard-bindings, which I how I
> added all my existing shortcuts in previous gnome releases.
>
> Now when I press the mod4 key, the shortcut is immediately bound to
> Super_R instead of waiting for me to type in the 2nd key.  Mod4 has
> essentially lost its function as a modifier and is just a key.
>
> I would be happy for a text based tool, but I could not find anywhere
> in gconf-editor to change/add keyboard modifiers.

I remember having the same problem a while back. I think I fixed it by
changing the layout options for Alt/Win key behaviour to "Super is
mapped to the Win keys" in Keyboard Preferences.

I don't know why this is needed, but it seems to work for me.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson