Re: Quick gripe about gedit key bindings

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 01:19 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2007, at 04:54, Gustav van der Merwe wrote:
>
> > The keyboard shortcut for switching between documents in gedit is CTRL
> > +ALT+PAGEUP/DOWN compared to the standard CTRL+PAGEUP/DOWN across the
> > rest of the Gnome tabbed interface UI.
> > Consistency please?
>
> Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDn is actually the only shortcut that's guaranteed to
> work "across the rest of the Gnome tabbed interface UI"-- Ctrl+PgUp/
> Dn sometimes fails when the focused widget eats it to do something
> else, which resulted in lots of bug reports.  That's why the Alt
> variant was added to the notebook widget, and IMHO should really be
> the one that's documented wherever we document that sort of thing
> (Accessibility Guide?)

Most standard keybindings are documented in the User Guide
and repeated in the Accessibility Guide.  Non-disabled folks
who just want some keyboard shortcuts aren't going to think
to look in the AG.

This is the first I've heard of the Ctrl+Alt+PageUp/PageDown
think.  Somebody should have notified the documentation team.
We can't document things if we don't know about them.

--
Shaun