Re: What is the "Gnome Settings Daemon"?

At Thu, 24 May 2007 09:39:08 -0400 Jim Hartley <xjimh cfl rr com> wrote:

> I am running a Fedora Core 6 system with the Gnome desktop. Every time I
> boot the machine, I get an error message that the Gnome Settings Daemon
> could not be run, and it tells me I may have trouble with some of my
> desktop settings. Other than having to deal with the window for this
> message, everything seems to work OK.

I am running gentoo and get the same problem, but not always.  Gnome 2.16.

1  Most of the time no window appears.

2. Some time the window appears but everything else is well.

3. Rarely the window appears and some fonts are small.

4. Never any serious problem (crash, hang, etc.).

allan