gnome and xorg settings in debian etch

I have a HP pavilion dv4000 laptop and I'm trying to set it's keyboard in a etch debian

I changed as root my /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the following configuration :

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbVariant" "intl"

When I start gnome I get a error message saying that gnome settings are different than xorg and asks me to choose between one of them

Antoher problem is that I can't run gnome-keyboards-properties in gnome terminal as before

Fisrt I have the following error message in console :
(gnome-keyboard-properties:3387): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

Second I get the following error in my desktop :
Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect.
This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager.

When I choose xorg I have the following configuration in Desktop-Preferences-KeyBoard-Layout :
Keyboard Model ==> Generic 104-key PC
Layout ==> U.S. English International (with dead keys)

When I choose gnome I have the following configuration in Desktop-Preferences-KeyBoard-Layout :