Re: Open Windows not seen on Panel

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:40 -0700, Carl Spitzer wrote:
> I do not know where to correct this problem.  In KDE and in GNOME under
> other users when I open a window there is a rectangle opened on the
> lower panel bar reflecting it and showing windows open in other work
> spaces.
>
> Somehow it has been switched off in one user.  As I do not want to trash
> all my settings in the dot directories I need to know which service to
> restart or where to configure it to be up.  It was working since the
> install in gnome but last month it quit.

Probably you mean the Worspace switcher (described at
http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/stable/overview-workspaces.html.en)

It seems the user dropped accidentaly the workspace switcher out of the
panel (which means, removed from the panel).

The user only need to add it again to the panel according the
instructions available at:
http://library.gnome.org/users/user-guide/stable/panels-addobject.html.en

And then choose 'Workspace switcher'.

Regards,