Re: help: how to repair/install gnome?

Yi Zhao wrote:
hi, all:
I use gnome 2.24 + debian in china, but when I do apt-get dist-upgrade, I found my gnome has been removed, so I can't start my gnome when I login to my system. when I try to use "apt-get install gnome", I found there is so much package I can't installed because of the dependence, for example:
gnome: Depends: gnome-desktop-environment (= 1:2.22.2~5) but it is not going to be installed Recommends: gnome-office (= 1:2.22.2~5) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
now the gnome package in my system is:

[ ~ ]$ dpkg -l gnome
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
un gnome <none> (no description available)

my question is: how to install gnome? I think there is some thing wrong with my source.list, is there some other source.list can be used to do this?

thanks very much!!

Well, just installing the dependancies may do it,
so run apt-get update && apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment gnome-office