Re: Info about active window

Hi all,

I get the title of the application in use with the following script:
export XAUTHORITY=/home/$USUARIO/.Xauthority
export DISPLAY=:0
IDwindow=$(/usr/bin/xprop -root | grep "_NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW(WINDOW)"| cut -d ' ' -f 5) /usr/bin/xwininfo -id ${IDwindow} | awk 'BEGIN {FS="\""}/xwininfo: Window id/{print $2}'

But I need to know not only the title of the active application but the application name and url or path to the file or site that is being used.

For example if the user is using Mozilla Firefox which he is accessing url?
If the user is editing a file with openoffice which the path to the file it is open?

How i can get this information?

Thanks,
Naira