Re: Evolution configure problem

On Saturday 07 February 2009 09:19:20 Amondo Roquentin wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 February 2009 02:59:21 you wrote:
> >>   <pre wrap="">I borked up my imap setup in evolution, I enter the wrong
> >> user and couldn't log in, now I can't access the preferences. When I
> >> click on preferences evolution locks up. Anyway I can correct this? I
> >> removed and installed evolution and even renamed the .evolution folder.
> >> A new one was created however I still can't make changes to my
> >> preferences since it locks up. Wanted to try Gnome since KDE4 seems to
> >> be much slower than it used to be and I'd heard that Gnome is faster.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any advice
> >> Chris
> >>

> >> You may need to kill those before you clean your evolution install.<br>
> >> ps -ef | grep evol</font>
> >
> > That did the trick for that however I have some other issues. For one the
> > bottom/top panels have gone missing and without them the only apps that I
> > can run are those on the desktop. Running In Kmail I have an imap account
> > setup. It's setup on evolution however I can't add any folders under the
> > account. Shouldn't I be able to import all the folders in have in
> > ~/Maildir into this account? At least gpg is working.
> >
> > Being a Gnome newbie is getting to be frustrating already
> >
> > Chris
>
> Sorry about the HTML. I think I fixed that now.
>
> 1. Missing panels. You didn't provide enough information to go on,
> because what you describe does not seem to me to be a common problem.
> Please keep track of what you're doing, or at least be careful with what
> you do. What commands did you run? How do you launch your gnome session?
> When did you run it the first time? What files did you delete or modify
> manually?
Sorry, not sure what other information to provide. The panels were working
last night AFAIK I didn't do anything to make them disappear. I should have
mentioned in the beginning this is a Mandriva 2009 install. Gnome was launched
by logging out of KDE and into Gnome. Gnome was run the first time last night.
Again, I didn't, AFAIK, modify or delete any files.

> Panel settings are stored in gconf. In the worst case you can probably
> kill your gconfd and then delete your (~/.gconf). Then you should get
> fresh panels.
Looking at that folder I also see what I 'think' are kde4 related items,
couldn't deleting this also mess up something on my kde setup?

> 2. Creating IMAP folder on remote server. I don't know whether Evolution
> can create folders in remote IMAP servers, and what version this was
> implemented in. You should check that info. I seem to remember this is a
> non-trivial feature, and furthermore not all IMAP servers support this
> functionality. I usually create new folder on the IMAP server itself
> using a special interface.
They're not on a remote server but on my local drive. I have it setup this way
in Kmail.

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C