Nautilus UI bug in renaming files

Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place. First bug I've reported.
I occasionally mass rename files using a text file and nautilus.
Text contains:
Filename1
Filename2
Filename3
Filename4

And the Nautilus window has a bunch of files in it. I control x the filename out of the text window (gedit). In Nautilus I right click, rename and hit paste (btw love the fact that the .ext isn't auto selected)
If I don't press 'enter' or click away in the same nautilus window but instead click back to the gedit window (while the filename is still in edit mode) it reverts my changes. Kind of annoying.
So is this a bug or is it acting like it is supposed to and I should just get over it?
thanks