Re: gnome, shutdown/restart buttons do not work

Hi,

I get a similar problem when updating my Archlinux distribution, after
some investigating, i found that consolekit was the problem.

Look at your process if there is consolekit daemon running. If yes look at
polkit-auth and polkit-action command to give you rights for
restart/shutdown.

Look at gentoo forum,there is maybe a post about this update.